We just moved to a different server. Please be patient until all files and pages are restored and the MediaWiki software has been updated. Thank you
Links to reverse engineering resources
This is a list of other sources for reverse engineering material.
- Xentax Wiki - documentation on various game data file formats
- IESDP - The Infinity Engine Structure Documentation Project, has documents on almost every aspect of the Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, ...)
- GEARS (pdf) - Very detailed document on the inner workings of the Final Fantasy VII engine (and probably later ones as well)
- Wotsit's Format - Has information on many classic data formats, including graphics files and several files from the 8/16 bit eras
- Multimedia Wiki - Has a lot of resources on multimedia-related game file formats here.
- EOB wikispace - Contains information about various file formats used in the Eye of the Beholder series.
- libeastwood - A library supporting various file formats (mainly used in Westwood titles), primarily targetting Dune 2. Also contains various specification docs on the various formats.
- DOS Game Modding Wiki - detailed information about a selection of DOS games (mostly Apogee and Epic titles)